Last month, I showed up bright and early at my local Neiman Marcus for a makeup session with Estee Lauder global makeup artist Victor Henao. If you’ve read the posts about my skincare regimen, you know that I’m a big fan of Advanced Night Repair serum. (Seriously, I don’t think you’ll find anything better for the price.) However, Estee Lauder color products have somehow escaped my use. I was exciting to have a real pro show me the ropes.
After an associate prepped my face, Victor came over to do my makeup. I was heading to work immediately after, but I shared that I wasn’t afraid of looking a little done-up for the office. While he worked his magic, we got to talking. Victor lives in New York but travels the world doing makeup, often working with celebrities, including San Antonio frequent and Texas native Eva Longoria. I was most intrigued to hear his stories about doing makeup for the granddaddy of all fashion events, the Met Costume Ball. A fellow art and museum junkie, Victor and I found no shortage of conversation topics.
But getting back to the makeup! Here are the color products he used on me:
- Pure Color Eyeshadow in Wild Truffle
- Pure Color Gelée Powder Eyeshadow in Cyber Green – This eyeshadow can be used dry or wet. Victor used it wet, giving it a more metallic effect.
- Pure Color Intense Kajal EyeLiner in Blackened Coco – I really liked the subtle difference of using a brown eyeliner instead of charcoal or black. Putting this on my to-do list.
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Brow Lift Duo in Rich Brown
- Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length + Volume Mascara in Black
- Pure Color Blush in Lover’s Blush
- Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Intense Nude – MY NEW FAVORITE LIPSTICK! This amazing product gets its own post, coming soon.
You can see the results in my photo. Polished, with just a hint of sultry. Loved it.
Images: author’s own